You are just in Wuppertal and want to get to know the city? You are interested in the history of the seventeenth biggest city in Germany, which once was the richest metropolis of industry in Europe? You have up to two hours and want to discover this exceptional topographic location and “Gründerzeit”-architecture during a comfortable walk through the district Elberfeld? And you have an iPhone, iPod or iPod Touch? Then WuppTour is exactly the right thing for you! WuppTour is a new way of experiencing Wuppertal. Instead of complicated booking of a city tour and being bound to a certain appointment, you can experience the beauties of Wuppertal individually. If you would like to take a side trip along the route, maybe take a short, culinary break, no problem – you can interrupt the city trip. Due to the intelligent programming there is no obligation on the route. You decide yourself, which ways you want to walk or which stations you want to visit – these advantages are offered by the WuppTour!
And that’s how it works: Download the WuppTour app from the iPhone App Store at home and go to Wuppertal – best when the weather is nice – to the starting point Islandufer. With the iPhone in your hand and the headphones in your ears you start the guided tour by touching one button. From then on the WuppTour app will play the right recording, whenever you arrive at a station. Instructions of direction, a clear map with the route and one’s own position will help you and you will be able to enjoy the tour – without tiring use of a paper map or distracting reading of long texts.
WuppTour offers many worth knowing information, great pictures of all stations and an intelligent and informative language accompany. Besides: even if you are not in Wuppertal, you can use this App and get to know this interesting city.
Overview of WuppTour
- City tour for 2 relaxed hours
- 29 stations show all facets of Wuppertal
- affectively worked out texts
- over 30 minutes of high quality recordings
- more than 150 great pictures
- GPS-based, automatic display & report of information
- best orientation via map with route including displaying of position
- supports upright and landscape format
- Universal App for iPhone, iPad and iPad Touch
- support for retina displays
What our customers say
“Nice app, I really like it!”
- Marc W.
“Was really a nice tour […] excellent work […] will certainly recommend this app to my guests.”
- Kristina H.
“Fabulous app! Went for about 2 hours and got to know Wuppertal a little better! […] My girlfriend was also quite pleased!”
- Kai W.
“I didn’t want to walk through Wuppertal with my iPad. Thanks to the nice pictures I could still listen to the tour at home.”
- Steffen W.
- Please, pay attention to the fact, that the route of the city trip contains some stairs and is partly with strong gradient and is thus only partly suitable for disabled.
- The iPad WiFi (without 3G) and the iPod Touch do not have a GPS Modul and can not locate quite precisely. Thus the automatic city guide can only be used to a limited degree. The stations have to be selected manually.
- The GPS Modul needs a lot of power. Please take care, that before starting the city tour your battery is fully charged. Usually you need about 50-60% of the battery capacity for the entire route.